GIS Skills for geography teachers
- Location: Flatford Mill
- Tutor: Centre Staff
- Dates: Friday 13 September 2019 to Sunday 15 September 2019
- Times: 06.00PM Friday to 12.00 Sunday
- Weekend Residential: £150
This course will enable teachers to:
- Recognise the significance and importance of GIS in everyday life and its potential in transforming geography teaching and learning, with specific reference to using GIS throughout the enquiry process
- Become familiar with the ways in which ArcGIS Online operates and its basic functions through the web interface
- Understand how to collect, manipulate and use spatial data from a variety of places including published internet sources at a range of scales
- Find out how to perform basic analysis within the ArcGIS Online platform
- See the potential for the ArcGIS Office plug-in and how it can be used to visualise spreadsheet data
- Be able to set -up and use the ArcGIS Collector App in order to undertake fieldwork and then create maps and analysis
- Take away materials that can be used at school, which will help students develop skills and participate in GIS
- Signpost supporting websites to get more help using the software.
The course is taught by enthusiastic and inspiring field study tutors who are experts in the field of outdoor education and regularly use GIS for academic field work programmes.
Includes full board accommodation from dinner on Friday to packed lunch on Sunday.
Select the booking option and quantity from the list below and add them to your basket.
Since the course starts within eight weeks, we would ask you to pay the full amount.
View your basket